ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS, Transportation Services (23500105940702)
Tracking Code: 23500105940702
The Assistant Director of Operations for Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and maintenance of all Charles River Campus (CRC) and Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) parking and shuttle bus services. In the absence of the Director, the Assistant Director of Operations would assume the responsibilities thereof.
Primary Parking responsibilities include:
- Management of garage, surface, and alleyway parking; lot attendant booths/offices; Parking Access & Revenue Control System (PARCS) equipment; Permit Management System (PMS) equipment; vehicle enforcement/violations/towing as needed; parking related signage; and PTS vehicles.
- Primary liaison with Events & Conferences, Athletics, Agganis Arena, and FitRec for coordinating all CRC event parking. Direct liaison with Campus Planning and Operations with respect to parking restrictions due to construction, lot maintenance/repairs, and snow removal or other related matters.
- Directly manages the daily operations of the Parking Vendors (currently SP+ for CRC and VPNE for BUMC) including oversight of Vendor staffing, regular inspections of lots, alleyways and garages, as well as booths, signs, equipment, and vehicles, in order to ensure safe operation, maintain appearance, and functionality. Additionally, responsible for oversight of any lot or equipment 3rd-party maintenance/repair projects not managed through Campus Planning and Operations.
- Provide PTS operational support and oversight as needed for concerts, Athletics games, events/conferences, Move-in, and Commencement. Primary Shuttle Bus & Charter Bus responsibilities include oversight of daily shuttle bus services.
- Provide an ongoing assessment and regular reports of Vendor performance (currently Academy Bus), shuttle bus equipment maintenance issues, routing, stops, and schedules, as well as ridership mapping and analysis using current data to make prioritized and informed recommendations for routing optimization.
- Review Vendor on-time performance on a regular basis during the academic year, identifies root causes for delays, and notifies PTS Director and Vendor if such on-time performance is subject to penalties pursuant to the Vendor Agreement.
- Review monthly billing invoices from Vendors and adjusts invoices as needed due to missed/late trips and service cancellations.
- Provide approval for Assistant Director of Finance & Administration to make payment for invoice.
- Assist in evaluating ongoing Vendor capabilities and interests in moving to alternative equipment (e.g., hybrid, electric) prior to the expiration of existing Vendor agreements, through a BU Sourcing & Procurement competitive RFP process.
- With respect to Charter Bus Service vendor agreements, monitor safety records as well as contract compliance in accordance with policies set therein and the terms of the agreements in place.
- Member of the Transportation Committee of the Newmarket Business Improvement District which provides shuttle service to BUMC.
BS/BA required with 3-5 years of direct experience, including 2+ years of management experience or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 49
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312546&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1017576&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency