This ad is expired.
Instructor, Traffic Safety (Part-Time)
Salary: $30.84 - $39.93 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: 2022-03860
Location: Multi-Campus, WI
Division: General Education Pathway
Multiple Vacancies; Part-Time
Hours: Will consist of evenings and Saturday's
Several positions available to begin for continuous sessions; multi-locations
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and on evenings, and/or weekends. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies
Candidates are required to submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Please make sure to carefully review requirements and submit a complete application thoroughly describing your experience and providing all required documents to best assess your qualifications.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program/department evaluation.
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assess student performance.
- Advise students on academic issues.
- Collaborate with advisory committee in program/department area.
- Attend departmental and institutional meetings.
- Promote the education/training program/department, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to promote educational opportunities at MATC.
- Support student organizations and activities.
- Develop relationships with business and industry.
- Complete program/department evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM Educational Requirements:
Associate's degree or higher (attach transcripts even if obtained at MATC)
Written documentation of current Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) certification to teach ONE of the following:
- TSS Group Dynamics
- TS Multiple Offender
- TSS Driver Improvement
Must have ONE of the following:
- Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in Traffic Safety or in a related field such as Driver Education, Law Enforcement, Fleet Safety, or experience in a safety related position with the Division of Motor Vehicles, OR;
- Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in AODA Counseling, AODA Education, or AODA Treatment or related fields such as education program director or employee assistance program director, OR;
- Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience group process work or group counseling as a treatment or education professional.
Industry or Vendor Certification:
Documentation of having completed a 45-hour accredited college level course in ONE of following that aligns to the appropriate occupational experience above:
- Traffic Safety Studies or Accident Prevention, OR:
- AODA Education or Treatment, OR:
- Group Work Methods, Group Counseling, or Group Process
If you do not currently hold these certifications, you must obtain PRIOR to your first day of employment AND will need to currently meet the criteria listed below for education and experience.
All Employees: Must complete the most up to date defensive driving course series online via the MATC Training Module with a score of at least 80% within the first 90 days of employment.
All Employees must maintain a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record per Wisconsin Administrative Code Trans 106.06 Instructor certification standards. Employees must self-disclose any traffic of OWI/DWI violations to MATC's Human Resources department are subject to weekly DOT audit of driving records. Employees will be subject to MATC liability insurance audits.
Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Career Essentials
- Effective Communication through Speaking and Listening
- Effective Communication through Writing
- Mathematical Competency
- Effective Problem Solving
- Global Awareness
- Technology Competency
- Email - Experience with email systems
- Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
- Computer - Experience with software to prepare documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
- Online Learning Management and Information Systems used for instruction, student advising, student programs/departments, grading, class schedules and rosters, etc.
- Experience delivering synchronous instruction using multi-media based, and emerging technologies.
- Experience delivering distance learning where applicable.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3466938/instructor-traffic-safety-part-time
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7b74f711fc6704418a9e9e1173a33263